Balance Hop Back Leg
This is a great drill that allows pitchers to work on improving their balance and incorporating the forward hop into their pitch.
- Pitchers line up anywhere on the field
- They have a glove and a ball
1. Players start from the stretch.
2. They shift their weight onto their push off foot and balance on it as they raise their opposite leg.
3. They then hop forward on their back leg three times or each time the coach says “hop.”
4. Drill should also be run from the wind-up.
Hops should be short, balanced and controlled.
Hop on inside of foot.
Toe should precede the heel as pitcher hops forward – pitchers with poor balance may
point the toes backward and bring the heal forward first.