Helps pitcher focus on using his hips during his delivery.
- Pitcher stands anywhere on the field holding a bat behind his back.
How it Works
1. Pitcher stands holding a bat by the ends behind his back.
2. He goes into his pitching motion, taking a transfer step, a pivot step, lifting his leg and getting into closed position.
3. He then goes forward rotating his upper torso and thrusting his hips through the zone.
4. Perform 10-15 repetitions.
- Pitcher should not be taking his hands off the bat at anytime during this drill.
- When going into the closed position the end of the bat should point directly at home plate.