Pitchers work on keeping their fingertips down all the way through the throw.
Place a batting tee behind the pitcher.
- Coach says “Go.”
- Pitcher picks the ball up off the top of the tee and raises it straight into throwing position.
- He then comes forward and throws using proper fundamentals.
- He simulates the throw and places the ball back on the tee.
- He then repeats until the coach says “Stop.”
- Pitcher should be bringing their weight back on the inside of their push off foot as they go through their motion.
- Pitcher should start to pick up the ball before he starts his regular pitching motion.