This is a great drill to develop and hone hand-eye coordination.
- Batter gets in stance.
- Coach or another player stands in front.
- Instead of balls, you’ll be using bottle caps
How it Works
- Coach or another player throws a bottle cap or small plastic golf ball to the batter who attempts to hit it with a regular bat.
- Bottle caps in particular provide a lot of movement – they can dip, tumble, curve. Batter needs to really keep his eye on the target.
- Number one goal for this drill is for the batter to make contact.
- This is a difficult drill so encourage players – if they can hit a bottle cap then a ball is going to seem much bigger and easier to hit.