In today’s video blog post, we are demonstrating another great conditioning drill that uses a running grid – the “Bunny Hop” Conditioning Drill. It allows you to work on getting a little bit of lift with the legs, but a whole lot of lift with the arms.
The Bunny Hop Conditioning Drill
- Begin the Bunny Hop Drill on the right side of the grid.
- You want to hop, one hole at a time, through the grid.
- Be sure to get good extension, lifting the arms. This helps us drive further when we take the drill into a running format where the arms are used to actually lift and give extra lift assistance.
- Next, take the bunny hop and diagonal with it.
- Stay close to the center line.
- Remember to use a soft surface to hit on. A gym floor or grass works well; you don’t want to do this on concrete.
Want more great baseball conditioning drill ideas? Then check out the Baseball Inner Circle! It’s packed full of more great baseball conditioning drills, tips and techniques, complete with video demonstrations! And don’t forget to Like Us on Facebook!