A fun, game-like drill that practices hitting, baserunning and fielding.
- Split your players into three even teams of roughly 4-5 players each.
- Two teams fill out the defensive positions while the third team is on offense.
How it Works
- The first offensive player steps to the plate and tries to hit and reach base.
- If he makes an out, he is eliminated from the game. If he reaches base, he tries to score as a baserunner.
- Each offensive player can have an unlimited number of at-bats, until they make an out. If you keep reaching base successfully, you get to keep batting.
- The goal of the game is for each team to score as many runs as possible.
- Continue playing until every offensive player has made an out. Then rotate a new offensive team in and repeat.
- You can use ghost runners to advance on the bases as necessary.
- If one team has fewer players than the others, one player can be given two outs to use.