To give batters hitting reps in a high pressure situation
- Line of batters at home plate with a bat
- Full defensive outfield and infield – everyone playing defense except the pitcher and the catcher
- Coach stands on the pitcher’s mound with a bucket of balls
How it Works
- Every batter is working with a 2 pitch count
- Coach pitches to batter, who then tries to make contact and get to 1st before the defense can get him out.
- Regardless of the outcome after the play the batter rotates out to left field with every other player on defense sliding down a spot
- Next batter steps up to plate, repeat
- You can elevate the stakes by making it a tournament, with the players who successfully advance to 1st moving onto the next round
- Keep going until there is one player left – your Clutch Batting Champion!