Pitcher works on backing up a base and catching overthrows.
- Pitcher stands on the mound.
- Coach is in left-center field.
How it Works
- Pitcher simulates a pitch to home.
- He then turns and runs to back up third base.
- Coach then overthrows third base and pitcher must get the throw.
- Do 5-10 repetitions.
- Pitcher must take a position where he can field the overthrow and not be overthrown himself.
- Drill can be run to other bases.
- Pitcher must understand that wherever a runner is going that is where he needs to be backing up the play.