To teach players how to properly communicate in the outfield on fly balls
- 2-3 players spread out in the outfield while the coach grabs a bat and some balls and heads to home plate
How it Works
- Coach hits fly ball into the outfield
- Players communicate and figure out who will take the fly ball and who will circle around behind as a backup
- Next 3 fielders rotate in after each at bat and repeat
- The key is to have two different calls, a subordinate call, and a dominant call.
- If a player hears the dominant call they must clear out of the way. However, if they hear the subordinate call and feel they have a better line on the ball, they can use the dominant call and force the other player to clear out