Practices outfield cutoff throws with multiple infielders and outfielders working at the same time
- LF, CF and RF in regular positions
- SS in cutoff position below second
- 1B in cutoff position near mound
- 3B covering third base
- 2B covering second base
- Catcher covering home
- 3 coaches with Fungo bats in positions shown in diagram
All 3 coaches simultaneously hit balls to outfielders.
Black Group (Coach 1, LF, 2B)
- Coach 1 hits ground ball to LF
- LF throws to 2B (no cutoff)
- Return ball to Coach 1. Reset and repeat.
Red Group (Coach 2, Catcher, 1B, CF)
- Coach 2 hits line drive to CF
- CF fields it and throws to home with 1B as cutoff
- Return ball to Coach 2. Reset and repeat.
Blue Group (Coach 3, RF, SS, 3B)
- Coach 3 hits ground ball to RF
- RF fields it and throws to 3B with SS as cutoff
- Return ball to Coach 3. Reset and repeat.