To teach the importance of visualization when it comes to hitting
- Have the players grab their helmets, spread out and form a circle
- The coach will step into the middle of the circle
How it Works
- Batters get into stance, and drill begins when coach goes into the windup and starts the pitching motion
- As the coach goes through the pitching motion, they will call out a pitch location – for example: low strike! – and the players will react accordingly, visualizing the pitch and then stride, load and swing through the ball
- If the coach calls out a ball – players must take the pitch!
- To make this drill a fun team competition, you can eliminate any player that swings on a ball, and continue round after round until there is only one batter left!
- For sudden death, last player to swing is eliminated!