Develops balance during the swing.
- Batter stands at home plate.
- Coach draws a line in the dirt at the center of the batter’s body.
How it Works
- Batter gets into stance.
- He goes through his swing.
- Batter should be setting up centered over the line. Then as he loads up his body he goes behind the line. When he finishes swinging, his body finishes in front of the line.
- Batters must use the back side of their body to drive forward during their swing. One of the biggest mistakes young hitters make is collapsing on the back side.
- Center line should be directly down from the belly button and nose.