Batter practices taking a good, short stride
- Batter stands in normal batting stance with string tied from one ankle to the other.
How it Works
- Measure the batter’s normal stride and then tie a piece of string equal to the distance from one leg to the other.
- Batter gets into normal stance.
- Coach says “Go.”
- player loads, strides and swings.
- Coach says “stop.”
- Player freezes in follow-through.
- Coach says “OK.”
- Player returns to normal stance and the drill is repeated.
- This drill is great for batters who over-stride or step out on their swing. The string forces them to get used to taking a good, short stride.