Helps fielders make long, accurate throws to a target.
- Player sets up in an open space or outfield.
- Another player sits on a stool roughly 20-30 yards away, standing beside a coach with a bat.
- If you don’t have an extra player, you can set up a target using a ball bucket or pop up net.
How it Works
1. Coach hits a ground ball or fly ball to the fielder who catches the ball and throws it to the player seated on the stool.
2. The throw must be within the square formed by the seated player’s knees and shoulders or he lets it go by.
- Outfielder should be getting behind the ball so that he is catching it with his momentum moving forward so that he can make a strong throw.
- Outfielder should be using his legs on the throw – planting with back foot and stepping forward. Also, watch for a good release point on the throw.