This is a great defensive drill that players really enjoy. The goal is to complete the drill without missing a ball. This drill can also be performed with line drives and pop-ups.
- Start with a player at every infield position except for pitcher.
- Extra players queue up behind each of the infield positions except for catcher.
- Coach hits a ball to third.
- Third base throws to first and moves into the shortstop queue.
- First base throws home.
- During the throw to first, the catcher tosses the coach another ball and the coach hits a ball to the shortstop.
- The Shortstop throws to first and moves in the second base queue.
- First throws home.
- Repeat for second and first with second going into the first base queue and first rotating down to the catcher position.
- The catcher rotates up to third.
- The drill ends when all players are back in their original positions.
- Coach can wait for ball to be returned to him before hitting the second.
- You should be able to have multiple balls in play.