To teach fielders the proper foot and hand positioning for fielding ground balls
- Players pair off, grab a ball, their gloves, and stand 10-5 yards apart, facing each other
How it Works
- Players roll each other grounders and field the ball using the triangle technique.
- After fielding the ball, players get into a low athletic stance ready to throw.
- Player will then throw to a grounder to their teammate, repeating the drill.
- Before starting, show players how to field a ball using the triangle technique: feet wide, knees slightly bent, and the glove on the ground with a hand on top to secure the ball as soon as it comes in.
- After a couple reps, have the roller start rolling the ball wide of their partner, forcing them to slide in front of the ball before they can use the triangle technique.