Batter practices hitting the ball out in front of the body.
- Place two tees at the plate.
- Tee 1 should be at batter’s belly button and approximately waist high.
- Tee 2 should be out in front of tee 1 and slightly lower.
How it Works
- Batter sets up at tee 1.
- He swings over tee 1, which does not have a ball on it, and hits the ball off tee 2.
- Batter freezes at end of follow-through.
- Then he resets and repeats the drill.
- Batter should be swinging down and over tee 1 and then along the same plane as the ball on tee 2.
- Batter should keep eyes on the ball on tee 2 during their entire swing.