Catcher and Pitcher practice recovering after a wild pitch with runner on third
- Lines of players at Pitcher and Catcher positions
How it Works
- Pitcher delivers pitch to home plate.
- Catcher catches pitch, then intentionally tosses it away to simulate a wild pitch.
- Catcher scrambles to ball, then throws to Pitcher covering home.
- Pitcher makes tag on simulated baserunner.
- Return ball to Pitcher.
- Catcher should locate the ball and get around it from the backstop side.
- Drop to knees, scoop ball, then throw overhand to pitcher covering home like throwing a dart.