A fun, competitive game that works on fielding situations under game-like pressure.
- Divide your players into two teams – one takes the field while the others line up at home plate.Â Coach stands on the third baseline with a bat and balls.
How it Works
- The object of this game is for the defense to make 9 consecutive outs without making an error.
- The first players on the baserunning team steps into the box with a helmet but no bat.
- Coach will hit balls to different players in the infield and outfield.Â The fielding team tries to get the baserunner out.
- If the fielding team makes an error, the out count goes immediately back down to zero.
- Continue until the fielding team has made 9 outs in a row, or 10 minutes has passed without success.Â Rotate the teams and repeat.
- If you don’t have enough players for two full teams, just fill the infield positions.
- Add in baserunners to force the defense to react to different situations.
- Give them opportunities to make double plays.
- Make it harder: Fielding team must make a double play to get the 8th and 9th outs and get off the field.
- Make it easier: Roll or throw the ball to fielders instead of hitting.Â Make the goal 3 or 6 outs without an error.