James, one of my subscribers, came up with these [tag]baseball coaching[/tag] suggestions. Keep “˜em coming!
I use a [tag]baseball drill[/tag] I call Rotational Infield.
You put a position player at all infield spots except pitcher. No outfield. All remaining players are behind the shortstop.
- I hit a grounder to shortstop who throws to 1st base, 2nd basemen covers 2nd, 3rd basement covers third.
- Shortstop follows throw and sprints to 1st base; 1st base throws ball to 2nd base and follows 2nd base.
- 2nd base throws to 3rd base and follows to 3rd.
- 3rd base throws to home and follows to catcher.
- Catcher gives ball to [tag]baseball coach[/tag] and sprints to back of line behind shortstop.
- Coach repeats to shortstop and [tag]baseball[/tag] drill continues.
I try to get them moving as fast as possible and still make good throws. This gives players a chance at all positions and some conditioning work as well.