These [tag]baseball drills for kids[/tag] serve many functions. I use this [tag]baseball drill[/tag] when I need to get the kids attention. It also lets me get running and fielding in at the same time.
- I have 2 hitter’s coaches divide the team in two.
- Half of the players on first, the rest of them line up on third.
- One [tag]baseball coach[/tag] hits the ball between first and second.
- The player runs and fields the [tag]baseball[/tag], sets and makes a throw back to home. Then the players run to the back of the third base line.
- The second coach hits the ball between third and home. The player fields the ball and sets and throws back to second. Then he runs to the back of the line at first.
With younger ages I like it best if you can have someone to catch the ball like a parent or another coach. It can also be used with coaches throwing the ball to build up confidence in their players.