This is one of our favorite [tag]baseball drills[/tag]. It is called: Overhead Wall Ball. This [tag]baseball drill[/tag] is used to teach how to catch a ball that goes overhead and past you. It can also be used by experienced players to perfect this skill.
* All you need is a wall (preferably a tall one), indoors or outdoors, and a rubber ball and glove.
* The player is positioned a few feet from the the wall facing it.
* The player throws the [tag]baseball[/tag] up against the wall.
* The player must do the drop step and run to catch the ball that has gone over his/her head.
* The distance of the bounce off the wall is determined by the strength of the throw.
This baseball drill can also be done with a partner where the partner throws the ball for the other player. This works well as the receiver doesn’t know how hard the ball will be thrown.