Coaches would be pulling their hair out if they had to try to come up with something off the top of their head every practice, and keep everyone on the field happy and into learning the game of baseball. One of the best ways to run a smooth practice that teaches skills and provides kids with an enjoyable experience is to have a collection of baseball drills & practice plans.
Coming into the baseballpractice with a script for how things should run is a great way to take the pressure off you and your coaching staff and provide your players with constant instruction and interaction.
Here are a few tips to running a good practice:
• Have a plan
• Instruct the players on all techniques involved in a drill
• Include fun things like competitions or games to break up constant instruction – after all, they should have fun!
• Don’t criticize – INSTRUCT. Players respond much better to instruction than they do to ridicule and criticism.
• Keep the practice flowing, but include time for warm up, warm down and a few breaks for water.
• Run different stations that build on player skills. This gives kids more repetition and increases skill set.
[tag]baseball, drills, practice[/tag]