I’ve gotten a whole bunch of requests for [tag]baseball practice drills[/tag] recently. Here’s an idea that Ryan sent to me. I’ve included it for you below. Give it a try and let me know how it goes for you.
This is a [tag]baseball drill[/tag] I use at every other practice:
1. Start with only the infield on the field, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Shortstop, and Catcher
2. All other players’ lineup in foul territory off of 3rd base
3. Coach hits the ball to the Shortstop who fields the [tag]baseball[/tag] and makes the throw to 1st, 1st then throws to 2nd, 2nd to 3rd, 3rd to catcher
4. During this process, each position follows his/her throw i.e. Short becomes 1st, 1st becomes 2nd, 2nd becomes 3rd, and 3rd becomes catcher, catcher goes to the end of the line.
5. A player in waiting becomes Shortstop and the process starts all over again.
If a player fails to make the fielding play or the throw to the other position, he then goes to the end of the line of players waiting.
This is a very fast paced [tag]baseball fielding drill[/tag] and works on making fielding plays and throws to positions