These are very good [tag]baseball throwing drills[/tag] for throwing accuracy, catching, quick footwork, and tagging the runners.
- Have a catcher straddle home plate facing first base.
- First baseman straddles 1st base facing the catcher.
- Second baseman straddles 2nd base facing first.
- Third baseman straddle 3rd facing second base.
- Let the short stop and second baseman alternate at second base.
- Catcher will throw the [tag]baseball[/tag] to first, first throws second, second throws to third, and third throws to home.
Repeat several times around the bases and then reverse by going from catcher to third, third to second, second to first, and first to home. Also repeat this direction several times.
This is a good every practice [tag]baseball drill[/tag] for ball handling, and quick foot speed as they have to spin and throw to next base.
Idea is for the players to not let the baseball touch the ground. The [tag]baseball coach[/tag]es will definitely see the improvement as their ball season starts and the ball handling will be even better by the end of season.