Allows hitters to practice scoring a runner from third, while infielders get reps playing at “Back” depth
- Infielders are playing at “Back” depth. This makes it harder for the hitter to hit a ground ball through the infield.
- Batting practice hitter at home plate
- Coach pitching from mound
- Two coaches with fungo bats at either side of the plate
- One baserunner at third base
- Coach pitches to BP hitter. Fielders and baserunners play live off the bat.
- After each hit, Fungos hit to infielders who did not make a play on the live ball. The goal is get as many fielders involved as possible.
Batting Practice Hitter:
- Coach pitches to BP hitter. He tries to hit the ball in the middle of the diamond or a fly ball to score the runner
- On each hit, the baserunner tries to advance and the infielders play live off the bat
- Return ball to Coach at the mound and reset.
Fungo 1 (SS, 1B, Pitcher):
- After each hit from the BP Hitter, Fungo 1 hits alternating ground balls to either SS or 1B
- Infielders make a play on the ball and throw to first.
- Pitcher covers first on grounder to 1B.
- Return ball to Fungo 1 and reset
Fungo 2 (3B, 2B):
- After each hit from Fungo 1, Fungo 2 hits alternating ground balls to 3B and 2B
- Infielders make a play on the ball, throw to back to Fungo 2, then reset.