Allows hitters to practice sacrifice bunts while infielders get reps fielding and throwing
- Infielders in regular positions
- Batting practice hitter at home plate
- Coach pitching from mound
- Two coaches with fungo bats at either side of the plate
- Baserunner at first base
Coaching Tips For Sac Bunts:
- Move up in the batter’s box. Get ball in fair territory.
- Square around and face pitcher with your body.
- Go to the plane of the ball by lowering your body with your knees.
- Bat in front of the plate at a 45-degree angle
- Bat starts at top of strike zone with the barrel above the hands.
- The bottom hand moves very little up the bat. The top hand moves up to the trademark.
- Elbows stay below bat at all times.
- Bunt top half of ball with the bottom half of the bat.
Batting Practice Hitter
- BP Hitter receives pitches from Coach at the mound
- He bunts the ball down the first base or third base line
- On each bunt, the baserunner tries to advance and the infielders play live off the bat
- Return ball to Coach at the mound and reset.
- After each hit from the BP Hitter, Fungo 1 hits alternating ground balls to either SS or 1B
- Infielders make a play on the ball and throw to first.
- Pitcher covers first on grounder to 1B.
- Return ball to Fungo 1 and reset
- After each hit from Fungo 1, Fungo 2 hits alternating ground balls to 3B and 2B
- Infielders make a play on the ball, throw to back to Fungo 2, then reset.