Many coaches write in requesting ideas for an [tag]indoor baseball drill[/tag]. Here is a suggestion that one of my subscribers sent in. Keep ’em coming!
Here is a good warm-up plus [tag]baseball drill[/tag]–Great for indoor work outs.
This drill is to stress to our fielders to stay low when fielding a ground ball and stay low when making the under hand toss to a base. If you stand up and throw you will waste time and often throw too high.
When I am in a gym we set it up as follows:
- Two lines of players on the base line no gloves on.
- I place one [tag]baseball[/tag] at each elbow of the basketball key.
- On “go” the players run to opposite end of gym, touch the base line and run back.
- When they get to the elbow they get low, pick up the ball and while staying low toss the ball to the next player on line.
- This player runs to elbow, places the ball down and continues to opposite side of gym and repeats picking up ball and tossing it.
It can be done as a race or just a slow jog.