Looking for indoor baseball drills? You’ve come to the right place! Try out this idea below sent in by Kevin and let me know how it goes for you.
Here is our drill we call-it RUN AND GUN.
This is a drill we use inside in the gym:
Here’s how it works:
- We split up the players into two teams each with a pitcher and catcher, 1 team takes the field the other will run the bases.
- The pitcher and catcher are in the middle of gym 40′ apart.
- You have players on the bases (no short stop) the runner will start on first base. We try to make the throwing distance from home to second the proper distance (whatever age group we are working with) We also try to make distant between bases as close as possible.
- The pitcher pitches the ball to the catcher, on release the running will try the steal the base the catcher must try to throw out the runner.
- The runners slide in to the bases ( NO SHOES 2 PAIRS OF SWEAT PANTS, LONG SLEEVE SHIRT, BATTING HELMET AND GLOVES) we also put down blankets/pads in front of the bases. Runners must be tagged out
- A point is awarded to the team that makes the play IE: for a (out) or (safe) play, play to 6 total points than switch teams, the team with the most points at the end of 2 complete rounds wins.
Next step… check out our collection of pre-designed baseball practice plans. You’ll learn how to run a killer practice that engages your kids and improves their skills, fast!