Soft Toss Balloon Hit
This is a beginner drill that focuses on the swing and making contact, as well as stepping in the proper direction and timing
- One player at a time goes to bat
- The rest of the team waits in a line
- The coach will stand off to the side of the batter
- The coach should have multiple large balloons for the players to hit
1. Coach will stand off to the side of the batter to soft toss a balloon to the players.
2. The player will get one swing with contact, then go back to the end of the line and wait for their turn to come again.
Players need to take a level swing.
Players need to step towards the pitcher while swinging.
Players should keep their eye on the balloon for the entire swing.
Make It Easier
Use a large balloon for high degree of success.
Make It Harder
The coach can use a smaller ball than a balloon, but larger than a baseball.