Every good coach is always looking for new and better hitting drills for their players, so they can grow and strengthen their power and bat speed skills, which, of course, leads to game wins!
In my latest blog feature on baseball hitting drills for power and bat speed, I will be sharing a new drill with you regularly, along with tips on how you can optimize it’s benefits for your players. So be sure to check back often, and keep up with the latest baseball hitting drills! Today, we are going to talk about some important, basic guidelines you should always follow when practicing power hitting or bat speed drills.
Baseball Hitting Drills: Guidelines
Here are a couple of things that are important to remember when practicing baseball hitting drills. Follow these basic guidelines to ensure that you have a safe, productive workout and that you will ultimately achieve your goal of improving your bat speed.
1. Swing as Fast as You Can – Do the drill with a purpose!
2. Don’t Hold Back – There’s no point in practicing at 80%. Prepare yourself for game situations by practicing like it’s a game situation.
3. Be Safe – Check around, make sure to give the heads up if there’s anyone else on the field, wear helmets when appropriate and double check equipment to make sure it’s not falling apart.
4. Don’t Overdo It – Make sure to take breaks to give your body a chance to heal, and to avoid the bad habits that come with practicing through exhaustion.
5. Don’t Pace Yourself – As soon as you see yourself slowing down, rest, and then restart the drill.
6. Follow the Degree of Difficulty – Start off with the easier degree of difficulties on the drills, then move up once you’ve become comfortable.
7. Don’t Be Afraid to Improvise – If you don’t have a certain material required for a drill, or you have an idea on how to improve it for yourself, go for it!
8. Use the 10-5 Approach – Do 10 repetitions to complete the drill, then five dry swings or soft toss to help transfer over the principles of the drill to your regular swing.
9. Follow the 3 Keys To Success – Be consistent, work with a plan, and most important of all – Enjoy Yourself!
Can’t wait until the next bat speed hitting drills are posted? Then be sure to check out http://www.baseball-tutorials.com/hittingdrills/ for more great power hitting and bat speed drills now! And don’t forget to Follow Me on Twitter, where I will be sharing more great baseball tips and techniques!