Teaches players how to dive and roll without getting injured.
- Player sets up in an athletic position, with 20-30 feet of open space in front of him.
How it Works
- Player executes two forward roles.
- Player executes two backward roles.
- Player executes two right shoulder roles (simulates how an outfielder would dive for the ball).
- Player executes two left shoulder rolls (simulates how an outfielder would dive for the ball).
- Player executes two dive rolls – player speeds up a little and stretches out the body so that he is diving and rolling.
- Focus on technique, not speed.
- Player should pause between each repetition and reset his feet.
- Player should stay under control when rolling.
- Player should keep hands underneath the body and keep legs tucked close to the body.
- Keep the body tight, do not overextend the legs.