Helps pitchers develop a proper follow-through.
- Drill can be run anywhere on the field. Coach stands or kneels next to pitcher.
How it Works
1. Pitcher gets in position with shoulders square to the target, his front leg bent, front foot pointed straight ahead. He has his arm up in an “L” shape. He has a ball in his hand.
2. Coach places his hand against pitchers hand.
3. Pitcher works on throwing straight through the ball against the resistance provided by the coach.
4. Pitcher does not throw the ball.
5. Complete 10-15 repetitions.
- In this drill, the focus should be on throwing straight through the ball instead of around it, which can cause arm injuries in young players.