Works on maintaining a stable base while making lateral and linear movements.
- Have the players line up 3-5 feet from each.
How it Works
- Players will roll the ball back and forth to each other.
- Players should be in ready position and use both hands to field the ball.
- Focus should be on movement coming from the hips.
- No gloves are used – this is a bare hand drill.
- Players should keep feet shoulder width apart for good balance.
- Players should also be using their throwing hand to sweep the ball into their glove hand.
- Players’ eyes should follow the ball from the moment it is released to the moment they field it.
- Adjust the difficulty by extending the distance so that players have to roll the ball farther.