To improve throwing technique and arm strength.
- Arrange 3 batting tees in a row about 10 feet apart from each other.
- For beginner players, place a large ball on each tee (playground ball, soccer ball, etc.).
- For more experienced players, place a baseball on each tee.
- Group players into three lines about 20 feet in front of each batting tee.
- All players should have a ball and glove.
How it Works
- The object of this drill is for players to try and hit the ball off the tee with a square throw.
- First player in each line throws ball at the target.
- If they hit the target, they need to run out and reset the batting tee with the ball for next player in line then return to the end of their line.
- If they do not hit the target, they should return to end of the line and wait for their turn again.
- Make it easier: Increasing the size of the ball on the batting tee makes this drill easier. For example, a beach ball can be used for little ones! Alternatively, you can move players closer to the batting tee.
- Make it harder: The smaller the target on the batting tee, the harder this drill becomes. Another way to increase the difficulty is to have players throw from farther back.