Improves lower back conditioning.
- Player stands anywhere on the field. Coach kneels about six feet in front of him.
How it Works
- Coach rolls a ball to the side of the player.
- Player slides his feet and fields the rolling ball and tosses it back to the coach.
- Coach rolls the ball to the other side. Player slides over and fields it and tosses it back to coach.
- Complete 10-15 repetitions or do this drill for 30 to 60-second intervals.
- Lower back fatigue is common among pitchers. Look for poor follow-through as a sign a pitcher is getting tired.
- Player can also set two balls on the ground and run the drill by himself.
- Increase the distance between player and coach to make the drill more challenging.