Makes sure pitcher does not drag his back foot.
- Drill can be run anywhere on the field.
- You need a pitcher and either a catcher or net for him to throw to.
How it Works
- Pitcher stands with feet shoulder-width or a little farther apart.
- He pinches the knees together as he throws the ball to make sure the back foot is getting up and over instead of dragging.
- Complete 15-20 repetitions.
- Pitcher must take a position where he can field the overthrow and not be overthrown himself.
- Drill can be run to other bases.
- Pitcher must understand that wherever a runner is going that is where he needs to be backing up the play.