Pitchers work on balancing on their push off foot.
- Pitchers line up anywhere on the field. They have a glove and a ball.
- Players start from the stretch.
- They shift their weight onto their push off foot and balance on it as they raise their front leg.
- They hold their position balancing on their push off foot with their front leg in the air until coach says down.
- To begin, pitchers should be turning the push off foot “toe ahead of heel.”
- They should be balancing on the inside of the foot.
- When picking up the front leg, the toes leave the ground last.
- Back knee should be pointed toward the target; back knee is unlocked.