Pitchers work on taking a proper stride step.
- Pitcher lines up anywhere on the field. They have a glove and a ball.
How it Works
1. Player starts from the stretch.
2. They shift their weight onto heir push off foot and balance on it as they raise their opposite leg.
3. They then take a stride step forward and simulate a throw.
4. They hold the throw follow-through. Then go back and repeat the drill.
5. Drill should also then be run from the wind-up.
- On the stride, pitchers should land on the inside ball of their foot and maintain good balance.
- The goal is for the pitcher to be able to hang in the follow-through position for three seconds.