Improves outfielder’s reaction to the ball. Also, a good conditioning drill.
- Player and coach stand roughly 10-15 yards apart in an open space.
How it Works
- Coach throws a ball to the outfielder’s left, he runs over, catches it and throws it back.
- Now coach throws a ball to his right. He runs over, catches it and throws it back.
- Drill continues with coach alternating which side of the outfielder he throws the ball to.
- Coach should throw a mix of fly balls, line drives and ground balls.
- Outfielder should be getting behind the ball when possible and using good footwork to have momentum going forward with his throws.