I do a drill I call Marathon. The idea is to see if the player can continue to make good fielding plays and good throws as he/she tires.
- Player 1 starts at first base.
- That player takes a ground ball and throws to the catcher (Player 2).
- Player 1 runs to second, takes a ground ball and throws to Player 2 who has moved to first base.
- Player 1 runs to shortshop, takes ground ball and throws to first base.
- He runs to third base, takes ground ball, throws to first base and finally runs home. He takes a bunt ground ball and throws to first base.
You can score it this way:
1 point for good fielding play
1 point for good throw.
Player with the most points wins.