Drill Type: Baseball Conditioning
This baseball conditioning drill helps to develop multipurpose direction and agility & quickness.
This is a basic drill using 4 cones. Place cones equally spaced at a line intersection on your field.
- The players gets in a good athletic stance right in the middle of the cones.
- Starting forward or back, the player will move directly to one cone, while maintaining their athletic stance, touch the top of the cone and return back to the center.
- They will then repeat to the next cone, etc.
- The focus of this drill is on opening up the hips and moving at an angle instead of moving in a straight line.
- Working on opening up the hips helps to develop the hip movements that are needed for multidirectional speed.
- Stay on the ball of the foot, pushing away from the direction that you want to go.