We like these baseball hitting drills using a hitting tee base. These two drills will help your players learn how to react to inside pitches, outside pitches and how to develop a downward type swing.
Hitting Drill 1
The purpose of this drill is to recognize how to adjust to an inside pitch and an outside pitch.
- Using a hitting tee base that accommodates 2 tees on it.
- Place a ball on a tee that is on the inside corner of the plate and a ball on the outside corner of the plate.
- As the player stands ready to hit off tee, tell them which ball to hit (outside or inside).
- They load and react to hit the called pitch, hitting inside ball up the middle or pull and hitting the outside pitch to the opposite field.
Hitting Drill 2
The purpose of this drill is to develop a downward type swing (to correct a looping swing).
- Using a hitting tee that accommodates 2 tees on it.
- Arrange tees so they are in a line towards the pitcher.
- Set the height of the back tee higher than the front tee.
- Place the ball on the front tee.
- Player is to swing and hit only the front ball, bringing hands directly to the ball a looping swing will hit the back tee first and be noticed by the player