Emphasizes getting into trigger position.
- Batter gets in stance in front of net.
- Coach stands to the opposite side of the batter holding a ball.
How it Works
- Coach holds out the baseball. He then says “trigger.”
- Batter makes a short stride and triggers the bat back.
- Coach drops the ball and the batter hits it.
- To show a batter the importance of the trigger stride drop a ball without saying “trigger” first. It’s almost impossible for the batter to hit the ball. But when the coach says “trigger” and the player gets his hands moving it becomes much easier.
- This drill simulates a high speed fastball to the batter and really stresses the importance of getting the hands moving in order to hit that ball.