Charging the ball, fielding it cleanly and scooping it to home.
- Pitcher stands on the mound.
- Coach is at home plate.
How it Works
1. Pitcher simulates a pitch to home.
2. Coach hits a slow roller back to pitcher.
3. Pitcher charges toward home plate, fields the ball with his glove and scoops it back to the coach.
4. Perform 5-10 repetitions.
- Intent of this drill is that there is a runner on third and pitcher must field the ball and get it to catcher quickly to get the out at home.
- Pitchers should keep the glove open and push the ball right at the target (the coach).
- Keep the toss level and soft.
- You can also run this drill and have the pitchers field the ball barehanded and toss it to the coach.
- Keep the head down when fielding to avoid losing the ball.