Batter works on moving body forward during swing, feeling resistance and following through.
Batter stands at tee in normal batting stance. A ball is NOT placed on the tee. A heavy bag is placed in front of the tee.
- Batter gets into normal stance.
- Coach holds the heavy bag in front of the plate, then steps back before the batter’s swing.
- Batter takes dry practice swing.
- He swings down and over the tee trying to come close to the top of the tee without hitting it, then connecting with the heavy bag
- The batter swings through the bag and knocks it over, following through after the swing
- This drill is important because you don’t want the batter to stop at contact. You want him to continue through the ball.
- Batter should be finishing balanced.