Works on hitting the ball to specific field locations
- This works best with small groups of 2-4 hitters.
- Set up a tee facing in to a net, backstop or cage.
- Mark out 6 targets on the net.
- The first hitter sets up at the tee with the others close by.
How it Works
- This game works just like playing H.O.R.S.E. in basketball.
- The first hitter steps up to the tee and calls out which target he is aiming for.
- He swings and aims for the target. If he hits it, the other players each attempt to hit the same target. If they miss it, they get a letter (H, then O, then R and so on)
- If the first hitter missed the target, it’s the next hitter’s turn to pick his target and try to hit it. The drill continues with each hitter taking a turn.
- If a hitter accumulates 5 letters (H.O.R.S.E.) he is out of the game
- Hitters should learn to adjust their stance to hit the ball to the pull side or opposite field.
- Make it harder: Use a side soft-toss instead of a tee
- Make it easier: Try Bunt H.O.R.S.E. Set up 6 hula hoops on the field and soft toss to each hitter. They pick a hoop to aim for and bunt the ball into it. The other players must execute the same bunt or they get a letter.