To reinforce to players to stay on top of the ball through their swing, as well as improving their ability to hit under pressure.
- Setup 3 buckets upside down on top of each other, with a tee about 20 feet away.
- Split the team into two groups and have them form two lines behind the tee.
How it Works
- The first player in line will step up and attempt to hit the buckets.
- The first player in the next line will then take a swing.
- The drill will continue like this until one team has hit the target 5 times.
- The losing team has to do push-ups.
- It doesn’t have to be buckets – you can make a target out of anything you have lying around.
- Make it harder: Make the target smaller – instead of 3 buckets stacked on top of each other, have the players attempt to hit a single bucket.
- Make it easier: You can also go the other way and make the stack bigger – make a pyramid of 5 buckets for example. That, or you can reduce the target number down to 3 hits of the target, or even just 1.