Eliminates loops in the swing. Players learn to execute a short, quick, downward swing.
- Player stands at plate.
- Coach kneels at the mound with a pitching machine.
- Use a pitching machine with the legs taken off.
- Point the machine at an upward angle so that the ball is rising as it comes to the plate.
How it Works
- Batter gets into stance.
- Coach holds the ball up and shows it to the batter.
- Coach puts ball in pitching machine which throws it toward home plate.
- Player takes a short, quick, downward swing to meet the ball on the same plane and hit it.
- Look for ground balls and hard line drives. Anything that is popped up or fouled off indicates a loop in the swing that needs to be eliminated