Stages of the Swing and Follow Through
In today’s video blog post, we are talking about the stages of the swing – particularly the swing itself, and the follow through. This awesome video will take you step by step through each mechanic of this final stage of the swing, from beginning of the launch position to the follow through position.
As you watch the video above, here are some important tips to remember:
- Remember your arm’s short lever position when in your stance
- When swinging, hands go inside the path of the ball as it’s coming down the plate
- Create bat speed by going “knee-to-knee” and “elbow-to-elbow”
- Begin the swing with your chin on the front shoulder when you start to swing. The chin should be on the back shoulder when you complete the follow through.
- When holding the bat, your top hand should end up on the opposite shoulder at the end of the follow through.
Was this video demonstration awesome or what? Feel free to share your thoughts below! If you are looking for more great drills and practice plans series, you may want to check out my Baseball Drills and Practice Plans series, complete with video demonstrations! And don’t forget to Become a Fan on Facebook, where I will be sharing more baseball practice plans!